Our Vision and Mission
The Five Freedoms
1. Freedom From Hunger And Thirst
• ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain health and vigour.
2. Freedom From Discomfort
• an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area is to be provided.
3. Freedom From Pain, Injury Or Disease - prevention of rapid diagnosis and treatment.
4. Freedom To Express Normal Behaviour - sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animals’s own kind is to be provided.
5. Freedom From Fear And Distress
• ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.
Lylac Ridge’s vision is to:
Lylac Ridge will ensure every child and young person is treated as an individual during their experience with the intervention programmes, ensuring they have ample opportunity to discuss their individual capabilities and what is achievable, targeting their emotional, social and behavioural skills with the aid of animals. Our mission is to have the ability to offer a range of accredited qualifications to every child and young person that engages with Lylac Ridge.
As regards Animal Assisted Interventions, Therapies and Activities, we follow the following Code of Practice.
Our Board Of Trustees
The trustees on Lylac Ridge’s board have a vast array of skills and experiences. The trustees are:
• Rob Symons (Chairman) • General manager at Able Radio
• Jakki Raynel (Company Secretary, Director) • Business manager at Lylac Ridge
• Founder of Kwtch grant writers • Dianne Harding (Director)
• Regional manager for Learn about ACT • Solicitor